Welcome ! Forums The definition of an inlingua Center Trainer-trainer

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Keymaster

Post a 500 word.

Mario Schiavelli
    Participant

The responsibilities of an Inlingua Center Trainer-Trainer.

A few years ago, being a language trainer, I asked myself every time I finished a lesson, what had I done right or wrong, why some learners learned more easily than others, why some learners were distracted, why did they have fun, why did they get bored. All these situations during and after each lesson could not be based only on the level of knowledge of the language by the trainer; there must be something else. That’s why I started to get interested in Neuroeducation.
    In my opinion, every training process is based on communication, therefore, every trainer must have certain skills and responsibilities, whether they train a learner or a trainer, without any differences.
    A good trainer…
    …engages in conversation and communicates high expectations to all students, colleagues and parents, demanding and encouraging their own initiatives.
    …has the capacity to keep on learning; he knows exactly where to improve and do better.
    … He has a great sense of humor.
    … He enjoys and loves teaching his subject.
    … He is always seeking new knowledge and acquiring new skills.
    … He possesses unbreakable enthusiasm to impart what he already knows.
    …keeps his own personal desire for learning and maintains a passion for his subject discipline.
    …challenges students and colleagues to think, to create and to respond to provocations that allow a deeper and more connected understanding of learning.
    …invests in the interests of individual students, supporting their growth.
    …gives and receives feedback, maintaining a strong professional relationship.
    … He is sensitive to the needs of every individual (students and colleagues) and develops a mentoring and a coaching attitude.
    …accepts its own limitations
    …is always prepared for each class and is available and accessible for all students, colleagues or parents.
    …appreciates the cultural and ethnic diversity breaking down any kind of cultural barriers.
    … He knows when to say ‘no’ and when to delegate and knows when to refuse additional responsibilities or new initiatives.
    … He is always available for additional contributions to help the whole organization.
    …is humble enough to be open to new challenges or ideas if they have an important role in fostering values and developing students.
    …is a master of his subject and demands high expectations in every single lesson.
    …is a clear, kind and honest communicator with everyone.
    … He is always prepared and organized.
    …engages students and has strong caring relationships with them.
    … He is always respected and esteemed; never feared.

Mario Schiavelli

Manon Dercourt
    Participant

The responsibilities of an inlingua Center Trainer-trainer

If I had to define the Inlingua Center Trainer-Trainer, I would say first of all that he guides more than he trains. Unlike the teacher who transmits a language, the trainer transmits educational concepts and methods that cannot be understood by the trainer if he does not think them out for himself. I therefore believe that it is necessary, for a better integration of the method and the issues, to guide the future teacher towards the key points of understanding of the Inlingua method, as if he had thought them out himself.

Secondly, it is good to note that the trainer has a double responsibility, that of the future teacher, as well as that of his future students. A bad teacher is a poorly trained teacher, we have no room for error. It is imperative that the trainer knows the Inlingua method perfectly and that he transmits it using his own educational strategies. It would, for example, be totally paradoxical to transmit this method while being authoritarian and intolerant.

Third, I see the trainer as a guide, a person to whom we can refer when starting to teach. A person with whom one could feel free to talk about their doubts and failures without feeling judged. A trustworthy person who would continue to move us forward, even when the training is theoretically over.

There is so much to say about what a trainer should or should not be that I would end up saying this: The trainer must be flexible, know how to find solutions even when they are not written in the content of his training, and know how to reinvent himself, improve himself, never stop learning.

Manon Dercourt

Lesley Moser
    Participant

The definition of an inlingua Center Trainer-trainer has many descriptions, because this person has not just one area of focus, but many. The trainer of course needs to be trained with some level of proficiency to accomplish teaching others. You could call this basic training but this is where the trainer discovers who they are as a teacher. The trainer can discover their weaknesses and strengths through feedback and troubleshooting during lessons. I think trainers need to have a flexible personality and can adapt to change. You could plan a lesson down to a second but the lesson could deviate from that plan very quickly. This doesn’t make you a bad trainer, just one that can adapt. If the trainer is always striving to become a more proficient teacher, by on-going training, that’s a great way to improve. Appraisal of how you train or connect with your clients is also a great aspect of a trainer. Material knowledge can only help you become a better trainer. Finding what to teach and how to teach with the inlingua material is also a great tool to have as trainer. You can build a lesson with the material provided with great ease and even build onto the lesson. Needs analysis is a great area to connect to the client and see where you can help the most. This also plays into evaluate through observation. Evaluating a clients speaking level is a great way to see their needs or how you can teach to their needs. Sometimes this is very clear but sometimes the client can take a bit of time to reveal this. Reporting to management is helpful to build and become part of a team. Help each other provide a better experience for not just the client but for the trainer as well.

Training the inlingua teacher

The Trainer for the inlingua teacher should be mainly a support system. The trainer is responsible for two main things
    1. that the new teacher understands how to navigate the platform
    2. Make sure that the inlingua teacher understands the inlingua teaching method.
    These two items are very important to address with the new teacher because point number one will guarantee that the teacher not only knows how to open, conduct, and close a classroom, but also it will guarantee that teacher knows where to look for content material necessary to plan and execute a class. Point number two will almost guarantee that students succeed in acquiring a language.
    The trainer for the inlingua teacher must give ideas and methods on how to conduct a class, they must also encourage creativity and flexibility when planning and executing a class.
    The teacher-trainer must be aware of the teacher’s limitations so they can emphasize avoiding pitfalls those limitations can cause along the way.
    A teacher trainer must always ensure to be up to date on all platform updates so they can communicate the changes that are relevant to the teachers he/she has under training.
    Constant feedback should be given to teachers to improve on weaknesses and to ensure the inlingua teaching method is being implemented.
    Remember positive feedback is always appreciated and better implemented at the moment of evaluating the teacher in training.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.